Baroque Academy Faculty Concert (stay tuned for 2020 updates!)
- “Bach says Bonjour“
- Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 7:30pm, Asbury United Methodist Church
- Purchase Tickets
Baroque Workshop 2020 (stay tuned for updates!)
Workshop Application 2020 will be available February 1
- 2019 Baroque Workshop Application (See notices below regarding availability)
- 2019 Baroque Workshop Fees
- 2019 Baroque Workshop Schedule
- 2019 Baroque Workshop Brochure
This intimate workshop is designed to give participants hands-on experience in Baroque technique and interpretation through masterclasses and coaching sessions. Players of all levels are welcome in this five-day Baroque immersion course. Both period and modern instruments are welcome, pitch will be at 415 and 440. Solo practice time will be available for all participants.
2019 Events (Asbury United Methodist Church, 205 S. Main St. Harrisonburg, VA)
- Baroque Academy Faculty Concert: “Bach says Bonjour“
Thursday, June 13, 7:30 pm
- Baroque Workshop 2019: Sunday, June 9 to noon Saturday, June 15
- Workshop Student Concert: Saturday, June 15, 10:00 am
Internationally acclaimed artist faculty
- Harpsichord: solo repertoire, continuo skills, coached ensembles. No early keyboard experience required.
- Violin/Viola/Viola da spalla: solo repertoire, coached ensembles, and introduction to period instruments.
- Viola da Gamba/Cello: solo repertoire, consort playing, coached ensembles, and introduction to viol for string players.
- Recorder: technique, period performance practice, solo repertoire, coached ensembles.
- Singers: Solo, Duet, and trio repertoire, ornamentation, rhetoric, and coached ensembles. Music for all voice types.
- Chamber Music: All participants will be involved in ensemble coaching sessions. Pre-formed groups are also welcome.
THANK YOU to LOU DOLIVE, our harpsichord technician. Before, during and after the workshop, Lou does all moving, tuning, and any repairs to all the harpsichords, and has much wisdom and the answers to any questions about the instruments we are loaned for the workshop!
THANK YOU to the following institutions and people for generously lending harpsichords for use during our 2019 Baroque Workshop:
- James Madison University School of Music
- Staunton Music Festival
- First Presbyterian Church, Waynesboro
- William Polhill, Staunton, VA
- David Edwards, Dyke, VA
- Lynne Mackey, Staunton, VA