Baroque Workshop 2017
- 2017 Baroque Workshop Application (recorder, vocal, and harpsichord classes are FULL; deadline extended for other classes)
- 2017 Baroque Workshop Fees
- 2017 Baroque Workshop Schedule
- 2017 Baroque Workshop Brochure
This intimate workshop is designed to give participants hands-on experience in Baroque technique and interpretation through masterclasses and coaching sessions. Players of all levels are welcome in this five-day Baroque immersion course. Both period and modern instruments are welcome, pitch will be at 415 and 440. Solo practice time will be available for all participants.
- Artist Faculty Recital, “Bach to Italy”: June 12, 12:00pm, First Presbyterian Church
- Baroque Workshop 2017: June 11-17 at First Presbyterian Church
Workshop Student Concert: June 17, 10:00 am, First Presbyterian Church
Internationally acclaimed artist faculty
- Harpsichord: solo repertoire, continuo skills, coached ensembles. No early keyboard experience required.
- Violin/Viola: solo repertoire, coached ensembles, and introduction to period instruments.
- Viola da Gamba/Cello: solo repertoire, consort playing, coached ensembles, and introduction to viol for string players.
- Recorder: technique, period performance practice, solo repertoire, coached ensembles.
- Chamber Music: All participants will be involved in ensemble coaching sessions. Pre-formed groups are also welcome.
- Singers: Solo, Duet, and trio repertoire, ornamentation, rhetoric, and coached ensembles. Music for all voice types.
- A session on historical tuning, temperaments, and maintenance will round out this week of Baroque music-making.
THANK YOU to the following institutions and people for generously lending harpsichords for use during our Baroque Workshop:
- James Madison University School of Music
- Staunton Music Festival
- First Presbyterian Church, Waynesboro
- Steve and Vicki Dibbern, Crozet, VA
- Steve Wszalek, Harrisonburg, VA
- Lynne Mackey, Staunton, VA