Updates in Progress! Please check back later….
Baroque Academy Faculty Concert
- “Bach and His World“
- Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 7:30pm, Asbury United Methodist Church
- Purchase Tickets
Baroque Workshop 2018
- 2018 Baroque Workshop Application (See notices below regarding availability)
- 2018 Baroque Workshop Fees
- 2018 Baroque Workshop Schedule
- 2018 Baroque Workshop Brochure
- Spaces still Available
This intimate workshop is designed to give participants hands-on experience in Baroque technique and interpretation through masterclasses and coaching sessions. Players of all levels are welcome in this five-day Baroque immersion course. Both period and modern instruments are welcome, pitch will be at 415 and 440. Solo practice time will be available for all participants.
2018 Events (Asbury United Methodist Church, 205 S. Main St. Harrisonburg, VA)
- Baroque Academy Faculty Concert: “Bach and His World”
Thursday, June 14, 7:30 pm
- Baroque Workshop 2018: Sunday, June 10 to Saturday, June 16
- Workshop Student Concert: Saturday, June 16, 10:00 am
Internationally acclaimed artist faculty
- Harpsichord: solo repertoire, continuo skills, coached ensembles. No early keyboard experience required.
- Violin/Viola: solo repertoire, coached ensembles, and introduction to period instruments.
- Viola da Gamba/Cello: solo repertoire, consort playing, coached ensembles, and introduction to viol for string players.
- Recorder: technique, period performance practice, solo repertoire, coached ensembles.
- Singers: Solo, Duet, and trio repertoire, ornamentation, rhetoric, and coached ensembles. Music for all voice types.
- Chamber Music: All participants will be involved in ensemble coaching sessions. Pre-formed groups are also welcome.
THANK YOU to LOU DOLIVE, our harpsichord technician. Before, during and after the workshop, Lou does all moving, tuning, and any repairs to all the harpsichords, and has much wisdom and the answers to any questions about the instruments we are loaned for the workshop!
THANK YOU to the following institutions and people for generously lending harpsichords for use last year during our 2018 Baroque Workshop:
- James Madison University School of Music
- Staunton Music Festival
- First Presbyterian Church, Waynesboro
- Steve and Vicki Dibbern, Crozet, VA
- David Edwards, Dyke, VA
- Lynne Mackey, Staunton, VA